Wednesday, August 3, 2011

EMPLOYMENT PREDATORS! AETNA JOB INTERVIEW SCAMS - BEWARE!

PLEASE BEWARE OF THE "AETNA AT HOME JOB INTERVIEW SCAMS"

I was just online with a "Mr. Andrew Rogers" of the Aetna Casualty and Life Company. He contacted me via email and asked that I make an account with Yahoo Messenger so that we could set up an online interview. I was skeptical at first because it was the first time any employer has requested such an interview. Everything sounded great and the perfect work setup. He told me his background and the company's background (which was copy/pasted). Everything sounded great up until he got to the part of $412.00 for a laptop (that I don't need). *See below. When I began to ask for "validity" information, he became defensive, which made me even more skeptical. In turn he asked for my contact number, and I replied, "if you have my resume, then you have my number". That is when this particular "scam artists" scam began spiraling. I then "googled" Aetna and the address he gave and "Lo" and "Behold" I contacted their directory and the operator told me that there were no employees by the name of "ANDREW ROGERS", and that it is a scam.

WATCH OUT PEOPLE! We have "employment predators" posing as recruiters and preying on unwitting employment seekers. These low-down bottom feeders are taking advantage of the state of our economy and the lack of jobs available.

*INTERVIEW*

Andrew Rogers: Hello how are you doing?

valdoraroachford: I'm fine thank you.

Andrew Rogers: Are you set for the job briefing and interview ?

valdoraroachford: Yes

Andrew Rogers: I am Mr. Andrew rogers. I received my B.A. in French from Louisiana State University in Eunice, LA just west of New Orleans. I also studied accounting at the University of New Orleans. I have been with the Aetna Company for three years now. I work for an accounting team and I am here to briefly interview you about the opening position. Are you ready for the briefing and interview process to begin?

valdoraroachford: Yes, I am.

Andrew Rogers: Okay

Andrew Rogers: Mayo clinic would like to welcome you to their company.

valdoraroachford: Thank you

Andrew Rogers: Our company's mission, values, and goals, are expressed the Aetna way. The Aetna way encompasses our shared sense of purpose and provides clarity as we pursue our operational and strategic goals.

Andrew Rogers: Which of the following available positions will you be applying for: Data Entry Clerk, Accounting Clerk Bookkeeper, Accounting Executive, Clerical Administrator, Payroll, or Medical Biller?

valdoraroachford: Clerical Administrator

Andrew Rogers: Okay

Andrew Rogers: Here are some interesting facts we think you'd like to know about the job and our company:

Andrew Rogers:
We are currently located at 151 Farmington Avenue, Hartford, CT 06156. Soon we will be setting up a few branches near your location. That is why we are looking for 16 new hires to work from home. Once the new branches have been built at your location, you can either chose to work in a office or continue working from home.

Andrew Rogers:
Our company has been focusing mainly on health care, but is now expanding to hire a data entry clerks and administrative assistants that work from home. This is in order to create more employment opportunities for people who live in less privileged communities and the physically disabled. This also helps to decrease the rate of unemployment in the country which benefits the economy.

valdoraroachford: It is exactly what I have been looking for.

Andrew Rogers: We are currently looking for staff to work from home as an accounting clerk. Working hours are flexible. You will be getting a one-week training period with your training supervisor online. She will be training to use the specific software you will need to work with as a data entry clerk or an administrative clerk.

valdoraroachford: Great.

Andrew Rogers: This position is currently only available online as a work-from-home job. This means that everything is being taken care of online from a remote access point. Eventually, you will be able to choose whether or not you want to continue working from home or work in the office. Working hours are flexible and when working from home, you have the benefit of choosing where you want to do your work. For example, one may choose to work using a wireless internet connection right on the beach!

valdoraroachford: Sounds great.

Andrew Rogers:
The pay rate is $25 per hour and training is $20 per hour. Our employees are payed every Friday via direct deposit or pay check. Working part-time is a minimum of 20 hours per week and full-time is a minimum of 40 hours weekly.

valdoraroachford: Great.

Andrew Rogers: Business hours are between 8am to 4pm CST however the working hours are flexible and you can choose hours that will work best for you. All activities and correspondence time are to be recorded in the Excel spreadsheet that will be coming along with your working materials.

valdoraroachford: Okay.

Andrew Rogers: Remember, working hours are flexible! All activities and correspondence time are to be recorded in an Excel spreadsheet. As for your duties, I will gladly assist you with any difficulties you may have through email.

valdoraroachford: It sounds like the perfect work experience!

Andrew Rogers: Here are the duties and responsibilities for your position: Tracking data and source documents, preparing and sorting source documents, identifying and interpreting data to be entered, compiling, sorting and verifying data for accuracy, contacting responsible parties to resolve moderately complex questions, inconsistencies, or missing data, entering alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from source documents into computer following format displayed on screen, and entering necessary codes, comparing data entered with source documents, identifying errors and subsequently correcting those errors, filing or routing source documents after entry, responding to inquires regarding entered data, maintaining daily count of work processed, creating periodic reports for management, performing routine

Andrew Rogers: All of which will be done through the use of a specific accounting software. The supervisor, who will be connected to you online, will assign logs of duty daily and you will be required to follow instructions to the detail using Microsoft Office and a specialized accounting software. The function of the accounting software is to arrange, formalize, and manage the data you have processed which you will then send to your supervisor via e-mail.

valdoraroachford: Okay.

Andrew Rogers: You will undergo a week training from your training supervisor. During that time, he will be training you to work with the company-specific programs with much accuracy and other data entry tasks you will need to get done. Your training will be conducted online through your PC or cell phone.

valdoraroachford: Okay.

Andrew Rogers:
The following software are what you will be working with: PeachTree, MYOB, QuickBooks, NetSuite

valdoraroachford: Okay

Andrew Rogers: The company will provide you with an HP laptop with a fast and reliable internet connection. Your W-4 form will be arriving shortly with the other working materials you need to start earning money with our company. You will be required to purchase the software you will be working with and the company will have you reimbursed for your order. You will need to place an order with a certified vendor and trusted third-party company who will then have the programs installed free of charge on your company laptop. It will be sent to you via overnight shipping from FedEx.

valdoraroachford: Okay.

Andrew Rogers: Initially, the software will cost $412 but you will also be trained by your supervisor on how to navigate the programs. Note that you will also be paid during training and for all hours that you work. Also note that you will be reimbursed for this investment. The credit will arrive with your first paycheck. Our employees are paid once a week every Friday. You will need to purchase the software from the shipping agent who we have been conducting business with for years. The only payment method accepted is by Money Gram. Once you have placed your order, the package will be shipped to you via FedEx overnight delivery.

valdoraroachford: What will be the cost?

valdoraroachford: Okay

valdoraroachford: I have a question.

valdoraroachford: Is there a reason why the payment method is accepted by Money Gram ONLY?

Andrew Rogers: the software will cost $412 but you will also be trained by your supervisor on how to navigate the programs. Note that you will also be paid during training and for all hours that you work. Also note that you will be reimbursed for this investment. The credit will arrive with your first paycheck.

Andrew Rogers: Yes

Andrew Rogers: Can you handle the cost ?

valdoraroachford: I may have some difficulties with that, yes.

Andrew Rogers: Okay

Andrew Rogers: Should the vendors be notified about the purchase of the software ?

valdoraroachford: Please excuse my skepticism, but with so many scams on the web, I am a bit apprehensive.

valdoraroachford: You wouldn't mind if I do a bit of homework before venturing?

Andrew Rogers: i'm 48 years old with three grandchildren. I prefer to spend what little time I have left on earth with my children, not creating elaborate scams. I personally know how it feels to have your hard-earned money taken from you by some arrogant jerk. I cringe when I even hear the word scam. I would never go so low as to get involved with any of that sort of shameful activity.

Andrew Rogers: I understand why you are feeling skeptical, as an average consumer, I would be hesitant as well. Don't let your skepticism get in the way of a truly promising opportunity for you.

Andrew Rogers: I just want you to know the company is not here to hot but to help you and your family

valdoraroachford: Do you have more contact information that I may use to at the least verify validity?

valdoraroachford: A company HR contact perhaps?

Andrew Rogers: provide me with your number ?

valdoraroachford: If you have my resume, you have the number.

Andrew Rogers: I know that just want to e sure

Andrew Rogers: be*

valdoraroachford: Is there contact information to verify validity?

valdoraroachford: I want you to understand my position, I will be sending money to a company or (person) that I have never met. Surely, you can understand my need for "validity".

Andrew Rogers: Okay hold

Andrew Rogers: 225-272-9189

Andrew Rogers: Got it

Andrew Rogers: ?

valdoraroachford: yes

valdoraroachford: Mr. Rogers, you will be happy to know that I have contacted the company and they have deemed you as being a "fraud". Nice try, but God doesn't create fools.

valdoraroachford: I will notify the proper authorities.

Andrew Rogers has signed out. (8/3/2011 12:14 PM)

2 comments:

Jesse Lopez said...

I'm glad you posted this. I just got an email from a Mr. Andrew Rogers asking me to contact him using yahoo messenger for a job briefing and interview. What can I do to report this?

Anonymous said...

i am in a y-msngr chat right now with some trishbabe45 from Aetna .
she is saying all the same things mentioned in the chat by you ,except that the price for software purchase is now $450.Gosh,ur post saved me from the scam.I was really about to go for it.thanks alot.I sthere anyway i can report this too to authorities?